Monday 3 February 2014

By Leah Carroll, Henry Holland and a lot of tequila.


For those of you who know me, I work in Godiva Boutique on the Grassmarket here in Edinburgh. This week, after putting out the word we're looking for some new designers, our first arrival of new stock for our independent designer showroom arrived - and oh my daaaaaays - it's just bloomin' lovely. 

So, introducing By Leah Carroll.

Her beautifully handcrafted pieces of jewellery are inspired by childhood daydreams and memories with every piece having been individually and skilfully laser cut, sanded, hand painted and varnished by Leah herself. Made from Japanese ply, bamboo and brass Leah has three collections in Godiva at present and I'm struggling not to collect them all. Even the packaging's gorgeous! 







Need.



Treated myself to these bad boys. Ya beauty.


The designs are simple yet so eye catching and they are all handmade from Leah's studio in Dundee. It's only £17.50/£20 for a pair of Leah's earrings from Godiva, the same price you'd pay for a mass produced high street chain pair, so why spend the money on something that every man and their dug will have when you can buy some good quality, handmade jewellery. The geo range is my favourite, having treated myself to the diamond earrings, although I'm still eyeing up the frost blue triangle ones as well. They'd make for a bangin' Valentines Day gift as well (hint hint hint).

We're still looking for more local designers to stock and update our showroom at Godiva, if you know someone or you make some cracking clothes/jewellery/bits and pieces then geez a shout here or come in for a blether with us Godiva Gals at the shop. 

I hopped on the mega bus from hell through to Glasgow this week for Scot Street Style's 2nd big event, The Gathering 2, at the Hillhead Bookclub, a meeting and social event for Scottish creatives, bloggers, designers, models... you name it! It's a truly amazing community and I've met some extraordinarily talented people, some of whom I'm lucky enough to now call pals. 

I decided to rock my new and already beloved House of Holland full length dress (god bless ya January sales) to the event, even though I had trouble getting up and down stairs and kinda walked like a penguin, and loved it. I felt so glamorous and despite being as tight as it was, it showed none of my lumps and bumps (apart from the one big mega bump that I live with called my ass). The brooch print talked for itself so I teamed it with just my black Dr Martens, keeping all eyes on the bizarre pattern. 

I ended up in the Cathouse. In this. Give the girl a medal. I must've lost about half a stone in sweat/pure tequila.


Cigarette and Martini brooches? Yes please.


Ciao for now,

Dayna x



No comments:

Post a Comment